5.1K views

A friend of mine who does very detailed research on companies, recommended to me purchasing a Dimension One Triad Spa. This was helpful because researching on the net provided me few definitive answers. I went down and negotiated a fair price with an outfit called Blues Brothers.

Over the last 5 years, I have had, on average, 3 major repairs a year. In the second year I called Dimension One to ask if they might consider replacing what appeared to be a defective spa. Their reply was simply: “I checked your file and see that Blues Bros should be taking care of any issues for you.” Now 5 years later, warranty is up, I’m SOL with the latest problem. I turned off the spa, drained it, and consider it a total loss.

So if you thinking about spending several grand for a spa, cement pad, and wiring; then carefully consider a main line brand like my neighbor's Sundance. Otherwise, you may end up with a shoddy product and a customer service policy that I will tersely sum up as screw-you.

If you would like a copy of my service record please write and I'll send it to you via email Kimeldorf(atsign)comcast.net. Buyer Beware when Dimension One is mentioned in the same room as your wallet

Had an Experience with Dimension One Spas?

Comments

Blackwood, New Jersey, United States #1232194

Bought my Californian in 2006.Replaced upper control panel once under warranty.

Since warranty ran out I have replaced the cover (last year), a circ pump (last year). Now, this fall when I opened it, I had to replace the upper control panel again and they are telling me the circuit panel is also bad because one of my jet pumps will not come on.

I work with easyspaparts.com.They are very helpful with troubleshooting problems but again the parts are just so expensive.

I just bought a used dimention one spa for $500 and was told nothing was wrong w it. Turns out it needs about $1000 work done plus wiring and chemicals. Repairs include topside panel, heater assembly and 2 leaks.

I have the same problem with the upper control panel.I am going on number 3 as the letters and numbers cannot been seen whatsoever.

I also have all six sequencing solenoid covers leaking. I have contacted D1 service department and have not heard back from them.

My model is a Chairman II.

I have owned one for over 8 years.Every year I have had to replace the digital panel because it got water in it.

The last one I got about three years ago and I was told that it was the answer. However, it has now done it with the new one and I have been told that they wouldn't replace this one.

Yet it is the same ongoing problem that I have had for over 8 years.Isn't there a lemon law that should apply?

Are you a Sundance salesperson?

Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, United States #886187

Your story is almost identical to mine!Control panels(3), flow sensors (2), pump one replaced, and a significant leak.

The dealer fixed the leak, riping all the foam out and sawing the frame.

Now its leaking again so its drained and trash bound since the warranty has passed.Total write off, I think I'm done with hot tubs.

Johnston, Iowa, United States #804047

Have a D1 Spa for 5 years.I have had to replace one blower pump, the controller, the ozonator and the small pump.

I also had the automatic flow switch fail while I was away during the winter, which resulted in freezing and additional line repair. I have also had to dig out the foam to repair leaks where the pvc pipe attaches several times. While troubleshooting the current leak, I discovered rotting supports.

This is my third tub.It is also my last D1 Spa.

martinkimeldorf

Clearly Dimension

It is not temperature as I went over this many times with my spa dealer and the company itself who never brought up off-season temp adjustments.

One wonders why others post how great their spas are.One wonders why they bother to go online.

Then I recall how less-than-honorable companies now One now hires trolls to create doubt, because they feel this neutralizes consumer concerns.

Even though I have a new spa that works great, never been serviced, I keep my old records because I believe a class action will probably result from their record.

this many years later I stand firmly behind the original post.

Saint Charles, Missouri, United States #775602

I bought a dimension one spa from r&s spa in Maryland heights Missouri,,,was great while under warranty, leaked every year,,after warranty continued to leak but no help from dealer,,no help to take care of problem,knowing it had leaking issues,wouldn't buy another nor from this dealer,,'hope there's a lawsuit,,never heard from manufacture either,,,thanks a lot!!!

Leicester, England, United Kingdom #734649

I've had my D1 Nautilus for 5 years now and had nothing but trouble with it from start to finish. I'm currently looking for my 4th M-Drive controller and although they can be purchased for $300 in the USA I am being quoted £550 in the UK ($800). I wouldn't mind but the buttons/keyboard that operates it hardly gets any use and shouldn't be short-circuiting like this - ALMOST ONE A YEAR!!!

The headrests turn into powder after 3 years because of a chemical reaction with the chlorine - why are they not made from a different material that is Flouride tolerant? Again, these replacement pillows cost $15 each in the USA but $70 each in the UK.

I can tell a similar story about the flow diverters, the pipes to the headrests and many many more things... shelling out $15,000 on one is the least of your worries... its the ridiculous prices they quote to replace parts that shouldn't be breaking or faulty that bleed you dry.

And why do things cost 3 times as much in the UK? Also its not possible to import them from the USA as the import duty and postage costs kill you!

AVOID THIS MAKE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!